** The Arabian Horse Association has released an update for its Arabian horse community. **
- The AHA Board of Directors has created an emergency response team that will include the AHA Executive Committee, the chair of the AHA CAC, the chair of the AHA NEOPS, chair of the AHA EEC, AHA EVP, AHA Director of Competition Services, AHA Director of Events and Marketing, the chair of the APAHA and Judges and Stewards Commissioner. This emergency response team will be able to make decisions regarding qualifications for AHA Regional and AHA National events for 2020.
- The AHA Board of Directors has approved waiving qualifications for Regional shows up to May 10, 2020.
- The Emergency Response Team will be meeting daily to determine what other changes need to be made to upcoming shows affected by COVID-19.
In addition we want you to be aware of a few resources that currently exist for those of our members affected by the COVID-19:
- U.S. Small Business Administration-Provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters. Find more information on the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans here.
- Better Business Bureau-Business Tips: How to Navigate the Coronavirus Crisis here.
- Contact your local Chamber of Commerce as they will list resources for your specific area
- Contact your lender and loan service provider to find out what options are available to you such as: refinance, loan modification, new repayment plan or forbearance.
The health and safety of our members and staff is a top priority. We urge you to monitor the situation with COVID-19 in your area and take every precaution to ensure you remain safe. Follow the recommendations by the CDC regarding sanitary practices; disinfect common areas and shared tack/equipment, limit physical contact and encourage those to not visit the barn if they or anyone in their family are ill.
We are here to support you. We will send updates as we have additional information to share from this newly formed Response team. If you have any questions relating to horse shows, please do not hesitate to contact Leslie Lockard, Director of Competitions.
- Nancy Harvey, President, Arabian Horse Association
-- via AHA