** The Arabian Horse Association has released an open letter to its members. **
Arabian Horse Champions,
The Arabian Horse Association formed in 2003 to bring Arabian horse enthusiasts together to preserve and advance the Arabian breed. That goal remains the primary focus of AHA.
Thank you to all who have provided important input on the matters in 2021. We are pleased so many members could attend and participate in shaping the future of our AHA. We are pleased to find mutual understanding so we can advance and celebrate the Arabian horse industry for the benefit of all. We understand our association is stronger when we are unified, and we are pleased to move forward into 2022.
The AHA Board of Directors recently made decisions at the Dec. 13 meeting. In summary:
- The Board voted that AHA holds a Mid-Summer National Show that is promoted, regulated, operated, and managed by the Youth National Show Commission.
- The Board of Directors’ meeting on March 4-5, 2022 will be in-person pending Budget and Finance approval.
The AHA is very proud of all award recipients coming up this week at the U.S. Equestrian Federation Annual Meeting, Pegasus Awards and Horse of the Year Awards in Naples, Florida.
- We have several Arabian horsemen and horsewomen who have earned USEF honors for 2021. They will be recognized on Jan. 13 at the Pegasus Awards: Sofia Huffman – US Junior Exhibitor of the Year; Peter Stachowski – Bill Robinson Trophy; Jeff Schall – Norman K Dunn Trophy; and Martha Rattner – Vaughn Smith Trophy.
- Peter Stachowski, Jeff Schall and Martha Rattner are now in the running for the USEF National Equestrian of the Year Award.
- We also have two additional USEF awards: Vickey Bowman and Jodi Zeier, who both received the Richard E McDevitt Award of Merit. This award is given to those applying meritorious service to equestrian.
- Susan Morey, wife of AHA Executive Director Stan Morey, will be posthumously awarded the U.S. Equestrian Pegasus Medal of Honor. The Pegasus Medal of Honor was created to recognize individuals who have exhibited outstanding service to horses and the sport.
- These individuals have exceled in attracting people to the horse sport and continue to contribute to the industry’s success.
Thank you for applying your energy, talent, and resources to our association. To learn more, please visit arabianhorseassociation.org.
-- via AHA