The Arabian Horse Association has announced that voting is open for the US Equestrian 2020 Horses of the Year and Equestrian of the Year honors, and encourages members to vote for these Arabian horse and equestrian nominees:
International Horses of Honor
- Dolton, 2012 Hanoverian gelding, (Danone I x Lady, Londonderry), Owner: Flintwoode Farms LLC
- Gazelle, 2006 Belgian Warmblood mare, (Kashmir van Shuttershof x Diva ‘Ter Elsen’, Indoctro), Owners: Robin Parsky & Kent Farrington
National Horses of Honor
- Pritchard Hill, 2012 Oldenburg gelding, (Quite Rubin x Stutbuch 1 Claire, Contendro I), Owner: Balmoral
- Vivaldi de Besilu, 2010 Paso Fino stallion, (Bribon de San Isidro x La Ley de Cuatro G, Mandato de La Luisa), Owners: Besilu Collection and Benjamin Leon, Jr.
International Equestrian of Honor
- Kent Farrington, Wellington, Florida -- The William C. Steinkraus Trophy is presented to an equestrian competing in the Olympic disciplines of dressage, eventing, or show jumping.
National Equestrians of Honor
- Margy Cox, Morriston, Florida -- The Bill Robinson Trophy is presented to an equestrian competing with horses or ponies across all the breeds in harness or for driving performance in non-international competitions.
- Tracy Fenney, Flower Mound, Texas -- The Emerson Burr Trophy is presented to an equestrian competing with any horse or pony breed shown in over-fences hunter classes.
- Joel Gangi, Prairieville, Louisiana -- The C.J. “June” Cronan Trophy is presented to an equestrian competing under saddle in a non-hunter and/or non-Western discipline.
- Sandro Pinha, Scottsdale, Arizona -- The Norman K. Dunn Trophy is presented to an equestrian competing at halter or in-hand.
- Colby Powell, Scottsdale, Arizona -- The Barbara Worth Oakford Trophy is presented to an equestrian competing in a non-reining Western discipline.
- Jonathan Ramsay, San Marcos, California -- The Vaughan Smith Trophy is presented to the best rider of any horse or pony breed shown in hunter pleasure, show hack, hunter hack, dressage hack, costume, sidesaddle, or Western dressage.
Click here to vote.
-- via AHA